The Winter ’19 release delivers more connected customer experiences with new features that help your teams drive lasting customer relationships.
The new changes that will enhance the customer experience :
- Density settings in Lightning: Two new Lightning Experience display density settings give you more control of how you want to view data without changing the page layout. Select one of the settings as the default, but users can choose their own display density at any time from the user profile
- Quick Text Feature to Enhance productivity: Quick text is fast and easy—you can insert predefined messages into emails, tasks, events, chats, and more. To make quick text easier to use, we added more ways to insert quick text. Use a keyboard
shortcut, a button in rich-text editor toolbars, like for email publishers, or a popup button next to supported text fields.
- Change Owner for various Objects( leads, cases, or custom objects) in bulk: Use the Change Owner page-level button to assign a new owner for up to 200 selected leads, cases, or custom objects. You can access the button in the page-level action menu in a list view or related list in standard table mode, or in Related List Quick Links.
4. Get Feedback from User: Salesforce is very keen in knowing why their user is switching from lightning to classic as they know that there are many users who still are facing a hard time using lightning.
5. Field History Tracking Data to be Deleted in 18 months: Salesforce guarantees to retain your field history data for up to 18 months. To ensure high availability of data and accommodate the fast-growing data needs of our customers, up until now, Salesforce hasn’t enforced the 18-month retention policy. But from the Winter 19 Release Salesforce will not retain field history beyond 18 months. To retain field history longer, you can purchase the Field Audit Trail add-on.
6. List View Search:
Use the new search bar to search the field data in your list views and find the records you need in record time.
So these are some of the fantastic features of the Winter release that I loved the most. For detailed Winter Release features, you can visit here.