While working with Service Console, you must have come across sending emails on Case object. So what if you just want to save your message without sending them immediately.
Yes this is possible to let support agents who use the case feed write and save messages without having to send them immediately with “Draft Emails” options.
Before enabling email drafts, set up Email-to-Case. In Salesforce Classic, you must also enable Case Feed.
Steps to enable Enable Email Draft
- From setup, enter Support Settings in the Quick Find Box, then select Support Settings.
- Click Edit.
- Check Enable Email Drafts.
- Click Save.
- Email drafts are private and can’t be shared.
- You can have only one draft per case.
- If you’re working on a case with an auto-saved draft, you can’t write another email until that draft is sent or discarded.
- In Salesforce Classic changes to fields other than To, From, CC, BCC, and Subject in the Email action aren’t saved when a message is saved as a draft. It is recommend to remove any additional fields from the Email action if you plan to use draft emails.
- In Lightning Experience it is recommended to remove any additional fields from the Email action if you plan to use private email drafts. Changes to custom email message fields may not be saved immediately. However, when a standard field is modified, the previous custom field changes are also saved.
One thought on “Enable Email Drafts for Cases”
This very nice setting for Admins who do a lot of email stuffs