Hi Friends, We are starting new Field Service Lightning Blog Series. Here we will take you through the key topics of FSL.
Field service Lightning is a powerful, highly customizable feature of salesforce that can help you to set up the mobile-friendly environment to manage field service workforce.
Use of Field Service:
- Seamlessly Connected to Your Business(Improve work order and entitlement management)
- Intelligent Scheduling and Optimization(Automate appointment booking and resource scheduling)
- Cutting-edge, Offline-First Mobile Experience(Empower mobile employees with easy-to-use apps)
- Proactive Service with the Power of the Platform(Take action with IoT data and service analytics on one CRM)
When Field Service Lightning is enabled, you gain access to a suite of standard objects that you can find in Setup and as tabs in Salesforce.
High-Level Understanding of FSL:
As you can see in Image these certain roles that we define and execute the FSL flow in the system.
Customer: End Customers, the one who needs services.
Contact Center Agents: Takes customer service calls and requests field service appointments via work orders, which list the skills and parts that are needed.
Dispatchers: Assigns and manages the service appointments. The dispatcher console included in the managed package helps dispatchers schedule, optimize, and dispatch service appointments from one screen.
Field Technicians: Manages their service appointments. Their tasks include closing work orders, tracking the parts they used, and providing service reports.
Field Service Lightning gives you the tools to plan, perform, and track all your field service work, from installations to repairs and
Why Field Service Lightning is different?
- A scheduling optimizer that allocates resources to appointments in the most efficient way possible by accounting for a technician
skill level, travel time, location, and other factors.
- A dynamic scheduling console that gives dispatchers and supervisors a bird’s-eye view of all scheduled service appointments.
- A robust toolbox of work rules and scheduling policies that help you define your ideal scheduling model.
- Out-of-the-box triggers that make it easy to customize your scheduling and display preferences.
Please have a read and let me know the feedbacks so that i can improve the upcoming blog accordingly .
Happy Reading !!!!!!!